I love exploring and traveling near and far with my boyfriend. We’ve gone on quite a few adventures in the last year (Yosemite, San Diego, Portland, Europe, Santa Monica, Boston) most of which we flew to. I’ve put together my list of airplane travel essentials – you’ll never know when your bag gets lost *ahem* or when you might need an Advil.
Unless we are going abroad, I only bring a carry-on luggage and a medium purse. My essentials stay with me in my purse under the seat in front of me, unless I’m wearing them.
- Yoga pants – cozy and stretchy so you can sit in what ever weird position suits you
- Crew socks or extra fuzzy socks – no cold ankles here!
- Sneakers – walking around airports with luggage is not fun, and you’ll need good shoes
- Loose shirt – a like to wear a light layer in case I get too warm
- Zip up hoodie – I am always cold on planes
- Scarf – can use as a blanket or for back support
- Neck pillow – I have a hard time sleeping without a neck pillow
In the bag
- Phone – if you like to play games, look at pictures, etc
- Small book – if you like to read on longer flights pick a book that’s not too bulky or heavy
- Headphones – for music or watching movies
- Folding Water bottle – bring your empty bottle through TSA then fill it up before boarding. I always get thirsty on planes and going to the bathroom gives me an excuse to stretch my legs
- Advil, Tums, other medicines – if you need medicine or think you might, pack it with you so it’s easy to access
- Small snack – so you doing pay $10 for some sliced fruit
- Lotion, Chapstick – keeping your skin hydrated during the flight will make you feel so much better
- Glasses, contact solution, case – the first thing I do when I get on a plane is wash my hands and remove my contacts ( if it’s a long flight). When we land I’ll put them back in. I feel so much more refreshed when I don’t wear them the whole time.
- Gum – sometimes you just need gum
- Wallet – duh
You don’t need a ton, and you can downsize by using smaller packaged items like lotions and medicines. These all for easily in my medium purse.
What’s your must have when flying?